< 1 minute

Register Overseas Company in Hong Kong and Annual Filing

Reading Time: < 1 minute
overseas company registration hong kong

We specialize in overseas company registration hong kong. We can assist you with all necessary documents and registrations. Please see below common FAQs.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We strive to assist you with regard of setting up a Company and open a business bank account in Hong Kong as well other free consulting with much less hassle.

Click to Watch How to start your Hong Kong Company Video

Click to Watch Hong Kong Formation and Tax Exemption Video

Overseas Company Registration In Hong Kong FAQ

1. Can I register my overseas company in Hong Kong?

Yes, you can register your overseas company in Hong Kong as non-Hong Kong Company and is required to register within one month after the establishment of the place of business in Hong Kong.

2. What kind of documents should be provided for registration?

– a specific form to reporting the company’s name, the address of the principal place of business, particulars of directors, company secretary and authorized representative in Hong Kong , etc
– a certified copy of the instrument defining the company’s constitution e.g. charter, statutes or memorandum and articles of association
– a certified copy of the company’s certificate of incorporation (or its equivalent)
– a certified copy of the company’s latest published accounts
– a Notice to Business Registration Office (IRBR2)

3. Further, how to provide documents for registration if the registered documents of my overseas company presented not in English or Chinese?​

If the relevant documents are not in English or Chinese, you only need to deliver a certified copy of the certificate in the original language and its certified translation in English or Chinese for registration. The documents in other languages rather than English or Chinese will not be accepted.

4. Who can act as Authorized Representative of registered non-Hong Kong Company? ​

For non-Hong Kong Company, must at least one person as act Authorized Representative and the following person/ entity able to take the position:
– a natural person resident in Hong Kong
– a solicitor corporation as defined by section 2(1) of the Legal Practitioners Ordinance (Cap. 159)
– a corporate practice as defined by section 2(1) of the Professional Accountants Ordinance (Cap. 50)
– a firm of solicitors or certified public accountants (practising) (should have a place of business in Hong Kong)

5. Is there required to filing accounts with annual return together form registered non-Hong Kong Company?

About the annual return, a registered non-Hong Kong company should deliver for anniversary date of registration within 42 days.
Under the law of other jurisdictions where the company registered, a registered non-Hong Kong company is required to deliver a certified copy of its latest published accounts for a period of at least 12 months together with the annual return for registration if required.
Otherwise, the registered non-Hong Kong Company is not required to apply for exemption from filing accounts. The company can give a statement of the fact in the annual return, i.e. by selecting the relevant box in Section 12B of the form of annual return.

6. Further, do I need to deliver a Chinese or English translation of the accounts together with the annual return for registration if accounts not presented by English or Chinese?

Yes, you should prepare the certified translated accounts in English or Chinese and submit together with annual return for registration, if needed.