Type of visa services in Hong Kong

General Employment Policy (GEP)

If a person has special skills, knowledge, or experience of value which is not readily available in the HKSAR, he/she may apply for a work visa under GEP. This visa is quota-free and non-sector specific.
However, residents of Mainland China, as well as nationals of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam cannot apply for a visa under this policy.

Investment as Entrepreneurs

An application for a visa/entry permit to enter the HKSAR for investment may be favourably considered, but there must be no security objections and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant.

In addition, the applicant’s background will be considered, included but not limited to education, professional qualification, and experience, etc.

Below are some other factors that will weigh into your application:

  • Business plan
  • Business turnover
  • Financial Resources
  • Investment Sum
  • Number of Jobs Created Locally
  • Introduction of New Technology or Skills (if applicable)

This type of visa may also be available to applicants who wish to establish, invest in, or join a start-up business.

This is one of the most common visa services in Hong Kong that we provide.

Dependent Visa

The following dependants may apply to join sponsors for residence in the HKSAR:

  • his/her spouse
  • the other party to a same-sex civil partnership, same-sex civil union, “same-sex marriage”, opposite-sex civil partnership or opposite-sex civil union entered into by him/her in accordance with the local law in force of the place of celebration and with such status being legally and officially recognized by the local authorities of the place of celebration
  • his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18

The dependent visa holder can work, study or own their business in Hong Kong.

Extension or Change of VISA

Extension of Stay

Visa holders should handle the extension of stay before 4 weeks of the expiration of their visa. The application will only be considered if the applicant satisfies the circumstances of the visa, and as long as their current immigration status has remained unchanged.

This is another one of the most common visa services in Hong Kong that we provide.

Change of Visa Sponsorship

If a visa holder is changing their sponsor, they must apply for a new visa – no matter if the previous visa is expired or not.

The applicant must arrange filing documents with the Immigration Department before starting new employment, and they will likely also have to provide documents from both existing and new employers.

In general, if the applicant is in the same industry or business as their previous sponsor, their application is more likely to be approved.

Change of Visa Status

It is very common for working holiday visa holders or visitor visa holders to be offered long-term employment in Hong Kong.

Doing so is a change of visa status, and requires the filing of the correct documents, and delivery of the notification to the Immigration Department, even if their current visa has not yet expired.

Reach out to Premia TNC for Hong Kong Visa Services

Whether you are looking for a GEP, dependent visa or anything in between, we have the experience and know-how to help you handle the entire process.

If you are looking for visa services in Hong Kong, be sure to reach out to us today.